Sunday, October 14, 2012

I Am the Walrus


Good morning. It is October the 14th, and it is pouring rain outside. I just finished reading  "The First Blog I Evah Wrote" and it inspired me to continue to write.  I want to share with you things about my life in the hope that you may join me in a battle or find inspiration, cry, or maybe even laugh a little. As I am typing. the first thing I notice is that I am fat.

I cannot ignore the rolls that have found their way back onto my mid drift. I am sad. I just lost 30 pounds, felt great, blinked and BAM I am gynormous AGAIN.
I am one  of those people whose weight goes up and down; however, lately it seems each time I lose weight it is less and when I gain it back it is more. So my poor  45 year old body and 5 foot 7 inch frame is now lugging around ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SIX pounds, ugg! 
I weigh 176 of these!
I have decided to join Weight Watchers, www.weightwatcherscanada.com , not because it is being endorsed by Jessica Simpson or that beautiful singer whose name escapes me at the moment.  I am joining WW because I know it works and it ultimately has an approach to weight loss that I believe.... EAT LESS, MOVE MORE, go figure!

I would love for people to come on my journey with me and share their I AM FAT realizations and their plans, if they have any, to battle the bulge. I would also love it if people ranted about society's crazy view on normal body weight. I mean look around, less and less people look like that size two model that showcases all our clothes.

Just to be clear, I am of the belief that we are all different and that if you are happy with the way you look and are relatively healthy then it doesn't matter what size you are. I want to do this because it is part of my reconstruction.... I have also recently quit smoking as part of this challenge so beware I may start blogging about that too.

My inspirational quote for today....

"The groundwork of all happiness is health."-- Leigh Hunt

3 things to look forward to next week:
  1. Work
  2. Golfing
  3. Losing some pounds
Please share your moments of triumph, happiness or inspiration in your world.

www.weightwatcherscanada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment